I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 73: Holland ~ Fly Me Away!



Today's "butterfly" is a bit of a stretch, I know. It's a tulip I painted for an art contest to win a trip to Amsterdam. (I tried to make the leaves look like wings!) Below is the contest description:

The Keukenhof, KLM, and Netherlands Board of Tourism are celebrating the season by sending one lucky fan to the very exclusive VIP opening day at Keukenhof as well as the opening of the Blossom exhibition at the Van Gogh Museum. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity.

PS: I get to take a friend! Who wants to go to Amsterdam with me?

2 comments:

  1. I think it's wonderful! You even added a butterfly, so it makes sense. Tulips are so beautiful. I've only been to the tulip festival in Holland, Michigan once, but it was so beautiful. Just rows and rows of brilliant color. I can't even imagine what it would be like to go to Amsterdam. You could see real windmills, dance in wooden shoes and see lots and lots of tulips. I'd gladly go with you, but somehow I think my wife would veto that idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bummer Bill! You were on my list because you are such an art lover!
    But I understand...

    ReplyDelete