I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 50 ~ Aloha Dreams












I have a long-standing dream of visiting the islands of Hawaii. Even better, I dream of going there in celebration of writing my first book. I recently took part in a Mystery Mentor project through Artellaland, and I received a wonderful care package from my Mystery Mentor yesterday. She created this postcard that was so perfect for me! (see photos below of her creation) When I look at it, I am reminded to keep reaching for my dreams.

I decided to turn today’s butterfly into a collaborative piece between me and my Mystery Mentor. I used the hula girl she created of me, and then I made wings out of pictures from a Hawaiian travel magazine. One wing is Hawaii’s surfing Mecca: The Pipeline. The other wing is the volcanic lava flows, which I have always been fascinated by.

I want to take a moment to thank my Mystery Mentor. Thank you for taking the time to get to know me. Thank you for your kindness and compassion. Thank you for seeing me with believing eyes.

Here is the postcard she created for me:

Most people who know me well know that I LOVE Tom Waits. My Mystery Mentor found a way to work old Tom into the postcard too. He's saying: "Pardon me Ma'm...Your book is awesome! May I have your autograph?" I love the bird on his hat, don't you?


1 comment:

  1. Cool, cool, cool! You're finally marrying yourself on Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete