I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 48 ~ SARK!





Since the winter session of Sark's Dream Boogie began on Feb.1st, I thought that I would honor Sark with a butterfly. I finger painted the wings, and had an absolute blast doing so! That kind of joyful, childlike creativity is so much a part of the spirit of Sark. The photo of her was taken at a workshop I attended a few years ago. At that same workshop, Sark made us name tags with tie- died ribbon. I used a bit of that ribbon to create her antennae for this butterfly.
Words can't begin to express my gratitude to Sark (AKA: Susan Ariel Rainbow Kennedy.) I've learned so much from her books, classes and work shops, and if I had to encapsulate and concentrate the most important lessons, I would have to say that she gave me the courage to experiment boldly with creativity in all areas of my life. I am considered to be a bit of an "odd duck" and "a black sheep." In the past I felt unacceptable, but now I wear these quirky titles like badges of honor and fly my freak flag with pride!

On the back of the butterfly I wrote one of my favorite Sark quotes:
"You are seen. You are known. You are loved!"

4 comments:

  1. SARK makes the perfect butterfly. It definitely fits her personality. Thank goodness for us odd ducks! We make other people look boring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post! Love the butterfly! I'll have to check out what this "butterfly project is all about! Sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read about it at the link you provided. Wonderful project!!! I want to contribute too! Thanks for sharing about this! - Wendy

    ReplyDelete