I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 71 ~ The Divine Miss M



I watched an interesting art documentary about a guy who spent almost 10 years of his life, full-time, working on a pencil drawing of Marilyn Monroe. The movie is called "Waiting for Hockney," and it has a good message about passion and going for your dreams.
This Marilyn only took me about 10 minutes! I decided to color her using makeup only, which was really quite fun and different! I rarely wear the stuff, but I'm glad I didn't throw it away.
Sometimes I wonder what kind of old people Marilyn, Elvis and James Dean would have been if they were still alive...
I think Marilyn would still be beautiful. Her beauty came from the inside and radiated outward, despite all her troubles. Her beauty was there, with or without makeup. But we're used to seeing her with makeup, and I sure had fun making her up!

1 comment:

  1. That is really cute! I wonder if I could steal some of my wife's makeup?

    ReplyDelete