I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 70 ~ GMA



This butterfly is in memory of my grandma. We shared a love/hate relationship for the majority of my life. She was always trying to change me. I wonder how much of who I am is based on rejection of her opinions of me. Fighting with her made me strong, resilient, and self-reliant. It’s good to know that there is always a gift within every difficult relationship…the sand that makes the pearl.

The butterflies I used are copies of real butterflies that my grandparents collected on a trip to South America before I was born. As a child, these butterflies were always the very first thing I was drawn to in their room. I never would have dreamed then that someday I would be creating a butterfly a day for a year!

1 comment:

  1. I'm fortunate in that I really loved my maternal Grandmother. She loved to read and she loved to play Rummy. She lived with us for probably the last 15 years of her life. Another reason I hated my father was because, every once in a while, my father would make her cry with his stupidity. Sorry. Your post was about your grandmother. But I'm just verifying that our grandparents have a profound effect on our lives, either good or bad.

    ReplyDelete