I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 91 ~ Hey Jack Kerouac



Tonight I listened to my favorite radio show: The Jazz Underground on KHUM.com (Tues. nights between 7 and 9 PM.) The DJ is the ultra cool Ryan Lee, who happens to be re-reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac, one of my favorite books. In fact, Jack Kerouac is one of my favorite humans, even though he's only here in spirit now. Tonight Ryan Lee played an hour of Kerouac-inspired jazz that I got lost in as I created this butterfly.
I discovered this awesome movie called "One Fast Move Or I'm Gone: Kerouac's Big Sur." I liked it so much that I purchased a copy. There's this clever little secret pocket built into the dvd case, and I noticed a piece of paper sticking out. It turned out to be a copy of a letter written by Jack Kerouac in 1961 when he was riding on the California Zephyr train from Lowell, Mass. out to San Fransisco. I copied the letter and used it for the wings.

2 comments: