I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 76 ~ Sweet Kimmie Blue Eyes



Today's butterfly was inspired by a small piece of blue velvet that I found in my sewing basket. It reminded me of my friend Kimmie, who has the prettiest blue eyes. When I held the velvet up to her photo, it matched perfectly. (see what I mean?)
Kimmie loves abstract art. Last year she sent me a beautiful abstract painting that she created. So I studied it and put on some jazz and made one of my own. (One of my favorite things to do) Then I used my painting to make her wings. I called the painting "Everything is Coming up Rosy."
I hope she likes it!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I wonder what kind of flower she will fly off to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH M!!! You have know I want this means to me. Lovely piece my friend! I love you!
    I am flying to see you right now...do you see me yet!!! I am waving!

    ReplyDelete