I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 77 ~ Origami One



I know I haven't posted a butterfly in several days. I've been in a funk and haven't felt inspired. It's been a productive funk though, because I am thrilled to say that I finally learned to do some origami! Many people have tried to teach it to me over the years, but like the rules of chess and euchre, it just never stuck in my brain. I got to a point where I thought I couldn't do it! I thought my brain wasn't wired to understand origami or something... So I decided I was not going to let origami get the best of me, and I sifted through many frustrating Youtube videos to learn how. Believe it or not, it ended up being a Japanese video that taught me! He made it so easy that I was able to make one after watching it once! So here is my first attempt. And here is the video that taught me how: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRAKSE7sJw0
My intention is to catch up today by making a bunch of origami butterflies, and then turn them into a mobile tomorrow!

1 comment: