I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 41 ~ Zagar



I discovered this amazing mosaic mural artist named Isaiah Zagar. His son made a documentary about him here.
This guy is amazing! He did mosaic on every square inch of his home and then branched out onto other buildings. I want to visit Phillie just to see his work.
Today's butterfly was done with him in mind. He drew many faces like this of his wife, Julia, in his murals. But while I was breaking the mirror for this piece, I cut the dickens out of my finger. I was so engrossed that I drew her face with my own blood. I know, I know, that makes me a bit of an art freak. But I'm ok with that. I think Isaiah would approve as well.

2 comments:

  1. love this - including the blood art!!! go m!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved mosaic. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete