I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 19 : All Hail Vida ~ Queen of the Girlfrens!



The best gift I got in 2010 was the return of my good friendVida to my life on New Year's Eve. I used to live in the small mountain town of Nederland, Colorado, where Vida still resides. In our heyday, we started a gang called "The Girlfrens." She was the Queen of the Girlfrens, and I guess I was second-in-command. All the women in town were welcome to join us. We'd have wild potluck parties at our local bar where just about anything could happen. Most of the men in town didn't know what to make of us!
Vida loves purple and violets. I like to press flowers in books, and I happened to have 3 little violets for her crown. I also pressed a bunch of Queen Anne's lace this summer, so I added some the the neck of her royal purple gown. I just love the way it turned out!

2 comments: