I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 31 ~ Moonlight Chronicles



Tonight's butterfly is for my friend Dan Price. What a guy he is! He really knows how to live life fully, and I learn so much from him. He has been writing a zine for over 20 years called "Moonlight Chronicles." They are filled with his drawings and thoughts and all kinds of cool information for living simply and adventurously. I could go on and on about Dan. Check out his zine here.
(he even offers a free issue for you to try) I must say that I am hooked, and over the past 7 years I have collected almost 70 of his zines!
I made this butterfly out of a stamp that Dan carved himself.

2 comments:

  1. I missed this one. I've always wanted to buy one of his zines, but I have never done it. What is wrong with me? I love this butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan Price calls himself a Hobo. He’s been trying now for 20 years to have the
    simplest life possible. There’s been ups and downs, but now he’s pretty much got the
    Monk thing wired. He is a free man. He does not pursue the accumulation of wealth.
    He lives in a tiny underground room made of recycled wood. He tends a small garden
    and uses a push mower, no engine. Deer wander freely though his meadow. Robins
    hunt and gather worms near his door. And lucky for you, he has diligently kept an
    illustrated journal for the past 20 years and publishes them for interested readers as
    The Moonlight Chronicles. He says that he will be documenting his life until they
    scatter his ashes to the wind.... or until he can see the empty page no more. Come
    aboard and share the wonder, the magic, the all of every thing, on this cruise of a
    lifetime. Learn more at www.moonlightchronicles.com

    ReplyDelete