I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 24 ~ Super Shmimmy!



Is it a bird?
Is it a plane?
No! It's Super Shmimmy!
Faster than a speeding Frisbee!
Stronger than the governor of California!
Able to leap 4 kids on a couch in a single bound!
By day, he is mild mannered Jimmie, husband of my best friend Sonya. But when disaster strikes, he becomes world's greatest dad and husband: "Super Shmimmy!"
Seriously folks, good men are hard to find these days. I'm so glad Sonya found one! And they're high school sweethearts too. Don't you just love it?
He calls me Shmarg, I call him Shmimmy. I have no recollection of how these nicknames got started, but they crack us up and that's all that really matters! ;) He also loves comic books, which is another reason I think he's super!
PS: His wings are made of tin foil glued to card stock, so here are wrinkles and air bubbles. It bothers the perfectionist in me, but I decided that if I am going to do a butterfly a day for a year, I need to put that perfectionist aside or I will burn out. I'm learning many subtle lessons.

1 comment: