I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 125 ~ Wishes and Dreams



I made this butterfly to go with an article I am writing for "Journal Journeys," an online membership zine for Artellaland. The article is called "Wishes and Dreams Come True on the Boardwalk." I made this butterfly with gold leaf and copper edges, and with a mirror in the center. I wanted to make something that was beautiful and lasting, because I wrote my dearest wish on the back. It's meant to be a reminder, to keep me plugging along in the direction of my dreams. It's small enough to carry with me, and the mirror helps me to look myself in the eye and believe that my wishes and dreams will come true.
I had a little "wishual" (wish ritual) to bless my special butterfly and my wish. I lit candles, said prayers and had yummy ginger-lemon-mint tea and biscotti. My childlike faith has been renewed. ;)

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful picture and butterfly to celebrate your wish!

    ReplyDelete