I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Metamorphosis

It is the eve of my 46th birthday, and tomorrow begins My Butterfly Year. I will spend the next year creating a butterfly each day for The Butterfly Project:
(Read more about it here)
Meanwhile, enjoy this poem I found in my computer files:









Butterflies are free






Today I helped
A butterfly to freedom
And it thanked me
With wings like
Downy feathers
And small
Psychedelic eyes
Of black and gold
Fern antennae
And curled tongue smile.

~Written by me in 1994

6 comments:

  1. Fly free, little butterfly.
    Fly free!
    Fly free for you and me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Margaret! So happy to see you start such a cool project :). I've been doing raw foods, gardening, and hanging out with my grandkids (just like I planned in the challenge with you and Mel!). I'm "following" you here and looking forward to your project :). Much love and good birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday M! This sounds like a very fun and healing project. I think I'll give this try to! I'm glad you showed this to us.

    Happy 47th year my friend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday Margaret! Best of luck with your ambitious project! I will make sure I get you added to my sidebar and look forward to following your daily flutterings!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSH! THIS IS BRILLIANT! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! XXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete