I'm creating a butterfly each day for a year! (for a very good cause!)

Friday, December 17, 2010

Day One: Happy Birthday to Me!




My birthday was wonderful! I began the day with a walk in the forest. When I got to my car, there was a friendly couple there. When I told them it was my birthday, the woman bestowed upon me the most beautiful birthday blessing! The maintenance man walked up and asked her what the speech was all about, and she said "It's her birthday!" Then he said "It's my birthday too! And not only is it my birthday, but I'm 64!" Then he sang "When I'm 64" by the Beatles. The day went on from there filled with so many little miracles and gifts, and lots of love and cake and candles. The butterfly I made for my birthday is created from birthday wrapping paper, streamers from a party popper, and candles from my birthday cake that I made actual wishes upon!
Here's a video from Yellow Submarine: When I'm 64:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3chFhCP5mQ

3 comments:

  1. That's one special butterfly! It has such a happy look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... what a wonderful story and terrific butterfly. Very appropriate and joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous M! Thank you for your wonderfulness in the world and for sharing this project! I LOVE it and you! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete